We are a physical therapist owned clinic currently in search of a part-time physical therapist to work in our 3500 square foot state-of-the-art out-patient orthopedic clinic in Simi Valley, CA. We are near beaches and mountains and home to the Ronald Regan Presidential Library.
We currently have 4 full-time therapists who are board certified in orthopedics and one that is fellowship trained in orthopedics (FAAOMPT).
Ideally, we would be looking for a therapist experienced in manual therapy and exercise prescription but would encourage newer grads as well. We are able to arrange for an in-house residency program as well through Evidence In Motion if desired and would strongly encourage participation. In addition there are bi-weekly training sessions for all therapists to encourage continued learning and emphasis on evidence based practice.
Workload is very manageable plus a bonus program. We also offer a competitive benefit package and competitive salary.
Interested parties should contact our office manager Stevie Scatoloni to obtain any further information or to schedule a meeting with the owner.
Duties and responsibilities
- Consult with patients to learn about their physical condition and symptoms and review their medical history and referrals from doctors or surgeons
- Diagnose movement dysfunction by listening to patients and observing them as they move about
- Develop an individualized treatment plan
- Coach patients and teach them therapeutic exercises and stretches to improve their condition
- Use hands-on therapy such as massage to ease patients’ pain and provide stimulation to promote healing
- Maintain patient records by keeping track of goals and progress while adapting treatment plans accordingly
- Advise patients and their families on in-home treatment options and what to expect from the recovery process
- Excellent knowledge of physiology best practices and standards
- Hands-on experience with therapeutic exercises, functional training, and physical modalities
- Interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with patients and motivate them and instruct correctly
- Health care administration and documentation skills
- Be a graduate of a nationally accredited physical therapy program
- Have or be able to obtain a CA physical therapy license
- Be motivated to excel in their field with desire to continue to grow as a professional
Body Mechanix Physical Therapy, Inc.
- Job Type:
- City, State:
Simi Valley, CA
- Date Posted:
June 18, 2021
How to Apply
- Stevie Scatoloni
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 8055840001
- Fax: 8055279135