Don’t miss out on this upcoming FREE WEBINAR from a PTPN Preferred Vendor, whose products/services are available to you at exclusive discounts. Register for the session at the link below or contact Leana Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-737-0207 to register. PTPN members only please!
Don’t Let that Yelp Review Cost You $10,000! How to Engage Patients Online With HIPAA in Mind
from LW Consulting and PTPN
Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 12:00 p.m. PST/3:00 p.m. EST
Register at: attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6413608959430897676.
As healthcare providers look for new ways to expand their practices, many are turning to social media and other online outlets to deliver value and increase their patient reach. However, making the transition into social media can be complicated — especially in a heavily regulated industry such as healthcare.
For example, in 2019, one provider paid a $10,000 settlement for disclosing a patient’s information on social media. Don’t let this happen to you!
In this online lunch & learn, we will discuss:
- How to manage your online presence while benefiting from the use of popular review sites and social media.
- What information can and cannot be shared online and in social media.
- Recent HIPAA violation cases and examples of potential social media PHI violations.
- How to train employees to engage compliantly online.
- Social media security tips you can put into practice today to protect your company, employees, and patients from risk.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.