Don’t miss out on this upcoming FREE WEBINAR from a PTPN Preferred Vendor, whose products/services are available to you at exclusive discounts. Register for the session at the link below or contact Leana Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-737-0207 to register. PTPN members only please!
Change of Practice: Comparing Activator Poles to Canes & Walkers
from SME and PTPN
Thursday, April 18, 2019, 12:00 p.m. PST/3:00 p.m. EST
Register at: attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/663271991291403532.
Learn about an internationally renowned rehabilitation device called Activator Poles. Activator Poles were developed to facilitate balance, core strengthening, upright posture and normalize gait pattern. There has been a steady shift in practice to the use of Activator Poles as an effective alternative to canes and to delay/reduce the use of walkers (when appropriate).
This webinar will explain the development of the patented Activator Poles and associated technique to fit the needs of rehabilitation. The pros and cons of traditional mobility devices will be explained as well as the contraindications for the use of walking poles. The use of ACTIVATOR Poles as a motivating and highly effective tool for seated, standing and pre-gait exercises will be also be described.
By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- Learn 10 researched benefits of walking poles.
- Be able to perform the 4 steps of the Activator technique designed for balance and stability.
- Understand the differences between walking poles compared to (or in conjunction with) canes and walkers.
- Learn how Activator Poles are used with neurology, orthopedic and geriatrics.
- Learn 5 sample innovative seated and standing exercise with poles.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.